Is It Believable: PewDiePie was no longer # 1 on YouTube Long After 7 Years
PewDiePie is in distress. For some time now he has been fighting with an Indian company for # 1 on the video platform YouTube. For 6 years, PewDiePie was the creator of the most subscriptions. Now he was overtaken several times in 2019, but he strikes back.
Who beat PewDiePie?
The big opponent of PewDiePie is called T-Series. T-Series is an Indian music and film company that reaches millions of viewers through music videos and Bollywood uploads. Over 60 billion times, the videos were already watched by T-Series. Meanwhile, the channel has almost 90 million subscribers.
For some time, PewDiePie has been fighting the Indians:
- On March 13, T-Series finally overtook PewDiePie with 3,000 subscribers.
- Although PewDiePie overtook T-Series again, it was back shortly thereafter, this time with 4,000 fewer subscribers.
- And today on 17.3. it was time again and T-Series passed by.
🚨RED ALERT🚨 🚨T-SERIES HAS PASSED PEWDIEPIE🚨
FIGHT BACK, FIGHT BACK THIS CANNOT BE THE END!!
LETS GO, THE GAP IS NOW -6
— Sloth_On_Meth🏳️🌈 404discord.com (@subgap) March 13, 2019
That’s how the fight went: since 2013, PewDiePie is the creator with the most subscribers. For a long time, no one came close to the sheer excellence of PewDiePies subscribers. Until in the summer of 2018, the Indian channel T-Series suddenly made the Swedish YouTuber PewDiePie competition. The channel was booming.
Experts reckoned that T-Series would break the 70 million subscribers in November 2018 ahead of PewDiePie.
However, PewDiePie answered with hard work:
- He was the first to reach 69 million subscribers through an ad campaign and a “Diss Track” against T-Series.
- Shortly afterward he even cracked the 70 and 71 million.
- Through cooperation with Internet legend Elon Musk, PewDiePie secured its position by the end of 2018.
- In February 2019 it reached the 85 million subscribers, in March already 89 million subscribers.
During his campaign, PewDiePie was so desperate in places that he even streamed Fortnite. It also seemed to work, after all, he was still holding the record until recently.
On March 2, T-Series finally caught up again and narrowed the gap:
- T-Series had only 5000 subscribers left
- Finally, on March 13, T-Series was in the lead for a few minutes
- Whereupon PewDiePie, however, directly with 9000 subscribers drauflegt and again stood at the top.
- Overall, PewDiePie has now been overtaken 5 times by T-Series. Then the alarm bell rings at the “PewDiePie” supporters.
This is the state now: Today, March 17th, PewDiePie was finally overhauled again. From the neck-and-neck race, even a separate livestream has developed, showing only the subscriber numbers of the two channels.
According to the stream, PewDiePie at the time of writing (March 17 at 20:10 clock) about 4000 subscribers in the lead and has taken over the top again.
More than 7,000 people are watching the stream and watching the race. It could take a while before a clear winner emerges.
Stay Tuned For More Updates