New patch Is Said To Have Secretly Made Red Dead Redemption 2 Uglier
In a new update, Red Dead Redemption 2 is said to have received a graphics downgrade. Fans recognize this with a comparison of pictures before and after the patch.
The fans noticed: The Twitter user Darealbandit has made a discovery in Red Dead Redemption 2.
With the new patch 1.6 for Red Dead Online Rockstar apparently has removed the feature “Ambient Occlusion”. This also has a negative impact on the singleplayer mode Red Dead Redemption 2.
1.00 vs 1.06 pic.twitter.com/sNd5h5hXwj
— Darealbandicoot (@Darealbandicoot) March 13, 2019
- The feature ensures that games have realistic lighting conditions that align with the actual geometry of the room.
- To clarify the example, the user has compared the image of a scene from Red Dead Redemption 1.0 with that of 1.6.
- If you look at the two pictures, you can see differences in the light.
Is that confirmed? There is no clue in the patch notes from the last patch that Rockstar has interchanged anything in this feature.
So it’s not assured that something really held, but at that time, players are still talking it excitedly on their observations. But for many, the change is obvious.
Downgrade at the expense of singleplayer players?
- How players react: on Reddit, the picture is already a basis for a discussion.
- Many players notice that something has really changed there when you look at it so closely.
- Some even suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to play with the old patch.
Players suspect that Rockstar has erased Ambient Occlusion to improve performance – and players also find that Red Dead Redemption is getting Better
The players suspect that Rockstar has removed “Ambient Occlusion” in favor of the multiplayer mode “Red Dead Online” and are angry that it is to the detriment of the singleplayer fans.
Stay Tuned For More Updates