New King Of Cheap Graphics Cards? First Tests On The Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 In The Overview
Nvidia sends with the GeForce GTX 1660 another cheap graphics card in the race, the AMD should run the rank in the budget segment. The first reviews are already online and provide information on what to expect from the successor to the GTX 1060 .
While Nvidia has in the past few months mainly launched its more expensive RTX models and put them in the foreground, the chip manufacturer is now also trying to win over the entry-level and middle-class market. It started with the GTX 1660 Ti, which was already launched in mid-February, with an RRP of € 299 *, but was simply too expensive for many PC players.
The price of the “stripped-down” GTX 1660, on the other hand,
Is more likely to appeal to many potential customers. With an RRP of 225 euros, the card is currently priced at approximately the same level as AMD’s RX 590. But can the budget Turing graphics card without RTX capabilities beat the competition of the red team? The results of the trade press paint a clear picture.
- Tests for the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 at a glance: Good graphics card for a fair price
- The verdict of Golem: The Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 makes the in-house GTX 1060 obsolete and is technically
- Slightly ahead of the RX 590. Despite the smaller video memory, the GTX 1660 offers the overall attractive
- The overall package, as it consumes significantly less power and relies on more modern technology.
- The conclusion of ComputerBase: The difference between the GTX 1660 Ti and the GTX 1660 is very marginal.
- Who can buy the card for the current RRP of 225 euros, gets in terms of price, a lot of power for little money?
- The conclusion of LinusTechTips: The RX 590 offers more power for the same price, while the weaker RX 580
- Still offers better value for money. Contrary to the GTX 1660 Ti the consumption of the GTX 1660 is somewhat
- Higher since the map relies on the old GDDR5 memory.
- The conclusion of PCGames Hardware: The GTX 1660 is a fuel-efficient alternative to the RX 590. If a
- Resolution of Full-HD is enough, the GTX 1660 gets a solid midrange graphics card, which cuts a fine figure in
- Most modern games. Owners of a GTX 1060 or RX 480 can do without an upgrade, the performance jump is
- Too small. The same applies to storage capacity – 6 GB could become a bottleneck in 2019.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660: Good Full HD graphics card for a reasonable price
The cheap GTX 1060 can seem to retire peacefully. With the GTX 1660, Nvidia offers a worthy successor, which not only makes a clear leap forward in terms of performance but is also worth a second look in terms of price. Even in demanding titles such as Metro Exodus, Battlefield 5 or The Division 2, the GTX 1660 can deliver a frame rate of over 60 FPS at Full HD resolution and maximum details. However, RTX features such as DLSS and Raytracing will not be available to potential customers, as the low-cost Turing card has again refrained from installing RT and Tensor cores.
You are looking for a suitable monitor for your G-Sync-capable Nvidia graphics card? Here you will find:
Nvidia does not offer a Founder’s Edition this time either. However, the graphics card is already available at the onboard partners and in many online shops. Depending on the model, the prices are currently between 219 and 279 euros *. If sales prices fall just as fast as the GTX 1660 Ti, the GTX 1660 could be available in just a few weeks for less than 200 euros.
Stay Tuned For More Updates