A “Mobile WoW” Has appeared, But It Is Not WoW
The new mobile MMORPG Era of Legends has been released for Android devices. The roleplaying game offers heaps of features, but reminds a lot of the MMORPG classic World of Warcraft.
What is Era of Legends? The era of Legends is a March 19, 2019, published mobile MMORPG for Android. Apple users have to wait a bit, an iOS port is not yet available, but should come.
The setup is quite classic: you create a character from eight different classes and play with other people.
You are open to an open world of dungeons, quests, and loot that you can explore and conquer. A first gameplay impression you will find in the embedded Youtube video.
You can download Era of Legends on the official page of the Google Play Store.
These are the features of the Era of Legends:
The era of Legends offers both PvP and PvE features. You can fight bosses and monsters with friends in Raids, or beat yourself in arenas in 3 vs. 3 or 5 vs. 5 with other players.
The Mobile MMORPG also offers the opportunity to create Guilds (Clans), participate in holidays and events, and collect many prestige items such as:
That’s why it looks like WoW: Already the trailer shown above reminds of the look of some of the popular features of the popular MMORPG World of Warcraft. The characters shown could also be in Azeroth:
- The archer looks like a night elf
- Assassin is reminiscent of a blood elf
- Shape-changing druid has a similar shape to that of the new Kul Tiraner
- The mage could also go through as a gnome
- Many enemies, spells, and environments have similar looks and effects as WoW
Era of Legends Gnome from WoW
Also, some other creatures, such as the Griffins, look particularly armor-like like the World of Warcraft armored griffins. In addition, many of the features look almost like copied:
- 3v3 and 5v5 arenas are popular PvP modes in World of Warcraft
- Mounts, pets and skins (“transmog”) are also collected in WoW
- some sound effects sound the same
- All this makes Era of Legends look strong, like World of Warcraft, just as a mobile version.
Although Blizzard is currently working on many mobile titles and the games are very similar, Era of Legends is not from Blizzard.
Do you find the similarities amazing?
Stay Tuned For More Updates