Recently operated on the colon, Pelé has just been hospitalized again in intensive care, according to the ESPN Brazil channel, which evokes a precautionary measure. Doctors are said to have made this decision on Friday after the “King” suffered from reflux the day before. Pelé “is doing well,” said ESPN Brazil, adding that his entourage will not speak immediately.
The former glory of Brazilian football had left Wednesday the intensive care unit of the Albert Einstein hospital in Sao Paulo where he was recovering from the removal of a “suspicious” tumor in the colon.
“I’m happier every day, ready to play 90 minutes plus extra time. We will meet again soon, “wrote” King “Pelé on Instagram, thanking his fans for the” thousands of messages of affection “received since his hospitalization. This message was illustrated with a photo of him smiling, both fists raised, even though the octogenarian looked tired, his eyes heavy.
Monday evening, one of his daughters, Kely Nascimento, had already indicated – also on Instagram – that her father was “ready to leave intensive care and to return home soon”. “He’s strong and stubborn and with the support and care of the brilliant Einstein team (at the hospital) and all the love, energy and light the whole world sends, he’ll be okay!” “, She added on her message.
Pelé underwent surgery on September 4 for a “suspicious” colon tumor, discovered during routine examinations. His health has been failing in recent years, with several hospitalizations. The last dates back to April 2019, in Paris, due to a severe urinary tract infection. Back in Brazil, he had a kidney stone removed.
The only footballer in history to have won the World Cup three times (1958, 1962, 1970), Pelé scored 1,281 goals in 1,363 matches.